Saturday, February 6, 2010

Photo Dump for September

I've been way stressed lately so, as you've obviously seen, I haven't been writing any new posts. I take pictures every once in a while with the intent of posting about them later...but we all know how that's worked out. Ugh, the thought of taking the extra step of hooking up my camera just fatigues me (How lethargic can you be, Holly?!). So, I have a bunch of random pictures on my camera that were intended for individual posts. Due to my laziness, I am just going to dump all the new photos I have in a post for each month and tell you briefly what each one is. I'll start where I left off...September:
This was the month that I finally decided to civilize my apartment. I had everything that I needed on hand, but I hadn't attempted to decorate anything or make it look homey (Hey, I said "homey", not "homely"!). The first thing I did was put up my pictures. This is a picture of the Last Supper. My friend brought this back for me from his visit to Milan. I love it because underneath each apostle is his name in Latin.
You can't see this one very well (sweet glare Ansel Adams) but this is a picture of Milan taken in 1901. This was such a fun find because all of the old European pictures that I had found in the past were of France, and 90% of those were just of Paris. I was so excited to find one, not only of Italy, but of Milan. Yay! It's fun to see the Duomo in the background and all of the old shops and carriages in the streets. I'm sure I walked this street at one point on my mission, but I have no idea. It'd be fun to go back one day and try to find the street to compare it to the poster. Who knows. I'm always on the lookout for a better fitting frame. It looks kind of awkward with all of the head and foot space.
This last one is my favorite. It is a copy of the Declaration of Independence. Not just any Declaration of Independence, but the one that my mom received when she got her citizenship. My mom was going to throw it away (mom, I think George Washington wants to talk to you), but I salvaged it and kept it rolled up and tucked away for years. I came across it in my storage unit not too long ago and decided to finally hunt for a frame for it. This one will do for now, but I hope to get it much more nicely set in the future.
After my pictures were hung, I decided it was about time to put up some curtains. These are the kitchen curtains:
And these are the living room curtains:
Hmmm...the kitchen curtains look suspiciously like the living room curtains... They were on clearance at KMart. What did you expect?! I love white linen curtains. They are light enough to let in maximum sunlight, but opaque enough to not give my neighbors a show (Heidi!).

3 comments:

  1. Hey! They never gave me a cool copy of declaration of independence when I got my citizenship! Cheap Guam officials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, maybe I have to marry some of my neighbors now, so what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new curtains are really cute. So fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete