Saturday, February 6, 2010

Photo Dump for October

Little known fact - Single people rarely buy fresh fruits and vegetables. It's not that we don't want to eat well, but they always rot faster than we can eat it all. Every once in a while I feel guilty that I don't get enough fresh fruits in my diet and I go out and buy some. Then a month later I wonder where all the fruit flies came from. Then I feel guilty again for all the money I wasted. It's a vicious cycle. Anyhow, the photo below was the result of one of my guilt ridden shopping sprees. I was proud of myself for actually consuming almost 80% of it all.
I was the lucky recipient of Korby's craftiness. She was kind enough to send me my very own seasonal pillowcase. I was so excited for it to come that I actually took a picture of the package before I opened it.
This is my Halloween pillowcase "in action".
Hmm...maybe I should have cleaned up a bit before I took the picture. How about that can of Odor Eaters spray that I keep at my bedside! Classy. Anyway, the pillowcase totally made my holiday! Thanks Korby, I absolutely love it!

3 comments:

  1. Actually, being single is not a good enough excuse, we have the same problem. I have helped birth a million generations of fruit flies with my own fruit buying binges, and even with 9 of us, we never seem to be able to finish it all off. Not for lack of trying on the part of my children. They will eat fresh fruit all day long if I let them. Which apparently I don't because we keep getting fruit flies. Hmmm, maybe I'm going at this the wrong way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my fruit starts to get super ripe I cut it up and freeze it for green smoothies. I don't always remember in time, but I save more fruit than I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the overbuying the fruit thing. Now my neighbor and I buy our fruit at Costco and split it. It gets used up faster and not so much is wasted. When you are a single person it is harder to use it up fast enough and keep things from spoiling. I like Heidi's idea a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete