November was pretty uneventful...at least picture-wise. Maybe lots of fun things happened, but I just didn't take any pictures of it. But I did manage to take a picture of a gaping wound. I don't even remember what I was doing, but I
do remember that I was doing it with a razor blade. My hand slipped and the razor blade gouged my thumb. Yikes!

Well, it looks as though I managed to get a crisp shot of the texture on my bathroom wall... Maybe I was subconsciously trying to trim my thumb to the width of my other thumb.

I had earlier posted about a screamin' deal I got on a bread maker at a thrift shop. Well, it turned out to be not so screamin'. The first couple loaves turned out great, but it just went downhill from there. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but they just weren't turning out very good at all. It wasn't even good enough to use for bread pudding and it was even too coarse and tough for bread crumbs. It hurt my heart, but I threw away almost 2 entire loaves. Enough! I have given up on my bread maker and will just have to do it the old fashioned way. I don't think I've made bread in
years! This was the result...

It turned out okay...definitely better than the bread machine, but I know I can do better. Heather, I covet your bread making abilities. I think that's your super power. I'm sure you can fight crime with your bread baking skills
somehow. I mean, even Daniel-son won the karate tournament by waxing a car. Come on! In the move, I came across a bunch of Taste of Home magazines I got at a thrift store long ago (thank you Unique) and have been thumbing through them as of late (...fine, in the bathroom. Happy now?!). Anyhow, I saw a delicious picture of a Cheesy Ham Braid and had to make it. This is the pre-oven picture:

And this is post-oven.

It really was delish. I'll have to make it again when I move back to Logan. And, for what it's worth, I'd just like to apologize now for the gaping wound/cheesy ham braid post combination. It's the order that I took the pictures, so you'll just have to deal with it.
I guess I never told you about my miserable utter bread failures on my road to bread heaven? I followed my mother-in-law's recipes to a "T". I did everything I saw her do when I watched her make it. EVERYTHING! and mine turned out so bad. Very bad. B.A.D. Then I called my friend, begged her to give me her recipe for whole wheat bread. She finally did after I cried and gave her $100(duh!). And now I no longer stink at making bread. The end.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry about your poor thumb. Nice bathroom walls though.
ReplyDeleteI cut my thumb just like that years ago. Same exact hand, same exact spot. The only thing is that I DO remember what I was doing when I cut it. It's much too nerdy to mention, though. FINE! I was trimming an Empire Strikes Back model scene.
ReplyDeletePoor sore finger! I hate when that happens. Your broc braid thingee looks absolutely fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThat cheesy bread thing looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteOUCH!!! Did you duct tape it? That's what Scott and Gary would have done. I would have CRIED and said a bad word.
ReplyDeleteThe bread looks SO GOOD.I think you may have some of Heather powers. I am happy you are moving back to Logan.