Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Did Someone Say "Bargain"?!

The other day, I was hunting all the thrift stores for a crock pot so I could more easily use dry beans which are way cheaper than canned beans. I went to all of the thrift stores that I knew of, but to no avail. As I admitted defeat and began to drive home, I noticed a store in the corner of my eye that I hadn't noticed before called "Nanilee's Resale". Hey, it's another thrift store! I quickly pulled over and ran in to look around. I found this brand new, still-in-the-box crock pot. Yay!
When I came out, I looked down the parking lot and noticed a store called "Bargain Basket". With a name like that I had to check it out. It turned out to be a completely ghetto grocery store. It was like DG&L, but more of dive...if that's at all possible. Truth be told, I loved it! It was so fun walking up and down every aisle looking at all of the random items that were dirt cheap. What's more fun than that?!
In the news of other awesome deals that I have happened upon, I found some shelves on clearance at at Target the other day (only $3.34 each!). I bought two and stacked them for some more kitchen space to be able to unpack a few more boxes. Ta-da!
Also, guess who discovered that the angel food cake pan that they got for a super deal at the thrift store leaks? This was all that was left of the cake when the timer went off.
Mmmm...angel flat cake.

10 comments:

  1. Bargains are for sissies. (Hey Heidi, Your bargain is here!) DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're not saying that the remainder of the Angel Flat Cake wasn't on the bottom of your oven waiting for you to clean it up. But I think you are. Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE!!! I LOVE a great deal. Your kitchen looks great so organized and clean. I wish mine looked that good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, it is not James’ Austin, it is Lisa and Dave’s Austin. There are too many Bobs in this family and too many Austins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, the leaky angel food pan! I too have fallen prey to that loathsome thrift store find. You have my utmost sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good bargain too, and now I'm craving angel food cake...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that you want a pillowcase. It makes me SO HAPPY so I am making one for you today and sending it tomorrow. We are never to old to have FUN with the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the feedback you left me tonight. I enjoyed reading them all. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did someone say "New Post"? Um yes, that would be me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAAAAAAAWLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete